mary has 4 daughters riddle
Everyone loves to solve riddles and teasers. Recently, that’s what happened on the internet and social media. The nerds, geeks and just about everyone who loves a good riddle was forced to confront “mary has 4 daughters riddle“. We are going to share it below and implore you to put on your thinking cap and come up with the correct answer.
(Don’t worry, “mary has 4 daughters riddle” answer is included.)
Mary has 4 daughters, each of her daughters has a brother,
how many children does Mary have?
mary has 4 daughters riddle answer :
The correct answer mary has 4 daughters riddle is: Mary has Five children.
Logical explanation :
Mary has four children and each of them have a brother, that means they are all siblings,
Only one brother is there and it is applicable to each daughter.
Suppose you have 3 children. Two girls and a boy. Someone ask these girls individually “Did you have any brother?” Both girls are say “Yes”. It means ‘EACH GIRLS’ or ‘BOTH GIRLS’ have a brother.
So marry has four daughter and one son. Each daughter has a brother.
Mathematical explanation :
- Given question is an interesting riddle which is tricky at the same time. Hints are given in the riddle itself.
- Given – Mary has four daughters, and each of her daughters has one brother. How many children does Mary have?
- Mary has four daughters. Let x be the daughter.
- Four daughters mean – x + x + x + x
- Each of her daughters has one brother – let y be the son.
- Total children => x + x + x + x + y. => 5
- She has Total 5 children, all of her daughters have the same 1 brother.
- Hence, Required answer is 5.